Ten questions – Ten answers. TAGREE’s interview series with photographers from around the world.
People: Talking to….
In addition to TAGREE’s focus on featuring contemporary photographers we will also introduce you to interesting people who are passionate about the promotion of photography: curators, gallery owners, editors, museum directors, festival organisers and others. The series starts by interviewing PR consultant (with special focus on photography) Nadine Dinter and the second talk is with Dr. Matthias Harder, the director of the Helmut Newton Foundation in Berlin.
Amazing Shots / Editor Picks
In this series of images unknown artists meets well-known ones, pictures that touch meet pictures that evoke different associations, award-winning works meet works waiting for international attention.
Exhibitions whose artists are presented with a multi-image portfolio are presented in the Photography / Art section.
- Get GREAT Color in Your Photos with Datacolor’s Black Friday Deals!Show Promo ImageDatacolor is famous for helping photographers and other creatives achieve the most accurate colors possible. And right now they’re providing an opportunity to save up to $80 on the Datacolor Spyder and ColorReader range. But don’t wait around! These special offers only last until December 3 or while stocks last StaffFri, 11/26/2021 Read more »Source: Shutterbug | Published: November 26, 2021 - 19:01
- The best Black Friday deals for photographersAmazonWhether you're looking to upgrade from a smartphone camera or build out a pro camera kit, the best Black Friday photo deals can save your budget. The post The best Black Friday deals for photographers appeared first on Popular Photography. Read more »Source: Popular Photography | Published: November 26, 2021 - 0:52
- NatGeo’s 50 greatest images, and 5 other photo exhibits worth seeing right nowA sixteen-year-old giant panda at the Wolong Nature Reserve. From the show "National Geographic: 50 Greatest Wildlife Photographs”. Ami VitaleA select list of inspiring and/or intriguing fine art photography shows taking place at museums and galleries throughout the US in December and January. The post NatGeo’s 50 greatest images, and 5 other photo exhibits worth seeing right now appeared first on Popular Photography. Read more »Source: Popular Photography | Published: November 24, 2021 - 20:26
- Infrared Photography: How to Get Started (Beginner’s Guide)The post Infrared Photography: How to Get Started (Beginner’s Guide) appeared first on Digital Photography School. It was authored by Nisha Ramroop. Do you want to capture haunting infrared pictures like the ones featured above? Well, you can – and it’s not even hard. Infrared photography is an easy technique that can give you breathtaking, otherworldly results, and it only requires a simple filter (plus a little technical know-how). In this article, I’m going to share everything […] The post Infrared Photography: How to Get Started (Beginner’s Guide) appeared first on Digital Photography School. It was authored by Nisha Ramroop. Read more »Source: Digital Photography School | Published: November 28, 2021 - 10:00
- 10 Ways to Take Stunning Portraits (Portrait Photography Guide)The post 10 Ways to Take Stunning Portraits (Portrait Photography Guide) appeared first on Digital Photography School. It was authored by Darren Rowse. How do you do portrait photography that has the wow factor? Capturing stunning portraits often seems difficult, but it’s actually pretty easy once you know a few tips and tricks. Below, I share my 10 absolute favorite techniques for shooting portraits, including tips for lighting, composition, perspective, and much more. I’ve also included plenty of […] The post 10 Ways to Take Stunning Portraits (Portrait Photography Guide) appeared first on Digital Photography School. It was authored by… Read more »Source: Digital Photography School | Published: November 27, 2021 - 10:00
Fotografiska Announces Expansion to Berlin, Shanghai, and Miami – Becomes Largest Private Art Museum
Fotografiska Berlin will feature Herzog & de Meuron and Studio Aisslinger renovations of the historic former Kunsthaus Tacheles (built 1908); Fotografiska Miami will be housed within a Rockwell Group-renovated 1946 factory building across from Superblue
The World Photography Organisation is delighted to announce the renowned Canadian photographer Edward Burtynsky as the Outstanding Contribution to Photography recipient of the Sony World Photography Awards 2022. Widely regarded as one of the world’s
The photography competition already renowned in the Paris art community is now opening for its 2022 edition to discover the most talented photographers from around the globe and give them a chance to show us
Painting with paper on canvas? What is it? Never heard of it. Many visitors of Henny Schlüter’s exhibitions ask her this or similar questions. This technique is new and its effects are fascinating. After many years
One of the reoccurring themes of An Laphan’s work is the cartography of the body. Depicting the soma in moving image, (computer-generated) photography and sculpture, he methodically dissects the outer skin, the surface, the protecting
Venezuelan photographer Ana María Arévalo Gosen wins the Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2021 with her series “Días Eternos”. The Newcomer Award goes to German photographer Emile Ducke with his series “Kolyma – Along the Road
C/O Berlin presents the exhibition “Harald Hauswald. Voll das Leben!” Colorful punks, hippies, and kissing couples in a sea of Trabi cars, flapping flags carried by demonstrators at Alexanderplatz in East Berlin, tipsy drinkers at their
The renowned American photographer Ralph Gibson will be presented with the Leica Hall of Fame Award for his life’s work and be honoured with an extensive exhibition at Leica Camera AG’s Celebration of Photography event
“Brutalist Symphony” is an ongoing series of photographic captures of William Pereira’s brutalist architecture. Brutalism has often been associated with cold and unwelcoming facades. This series of images seek to emphasize the contrast in light
The Montreal-based street photographer Daniel Castonguay portrays the street life like no one else. He is a “silenced character” from afar, taking pictures of people, who usually walk or ride alone, in the rain, in