- Review: Mitakon Speedmaster 90mm f/1.5 Manual LensShow Promo ImageThe 27-ounce 90mm f/1.5 manual focus lens from Mitakon Zhongyi Optics is a handful of glass, that’s for sure. We reviewed the Speedmaster on a full-frame Sony mirrorless body and formed some strong opinions. Read on… Jon SienkiewiczFri, 05/13/2022 Read more »Source: Shutterbug | Published: May 14, 2022 - 1:29
- B&W challenge: Channel the early greats, show us your best monochrome photosMarissa WuB&W is having a moment, from new film stocks to movies in monochrome. This week, show us your best B&W shots. The post B&W challenge: Channel the early greats, show us your best monochrome photos appeared first on Popular Photography. Read more »Source: Popular Photography | Published: May 15, 2022 - 14:00
- Photographic proof of a black hole at the center of our galaxyThe first-ever photograph of the massive black hole Sagittarius A*. EHT CollaborationThe gargantuan black hole, Sagittarius A*, sits at the center of the Milky Way and is 4 million times larger than the Sun. The post Photographic proof of a black hole at the center of our galaxy appeared first on Popular Photography. Read more »Source: Popular Photography | Published: May 14, 2022 - 14:00
- 5 Reasons to Use a Telephoto Lens for Landscape PhotographyThe post 5 Reasons to Use a Telephoto Lens for Landscape Photography appeared first on Digital Photography School. It was authored by Chris Corradino. Telephoto lenses may not be the most popular landscape photography glass, but – when used correctly – they can produce consistently great results. I do telephoto landscape photography all the time, and in this article, I share my five best reasons to use that long lens when shooting landscapes. So if you’re ready to start […] The post 5 Reasons to Use a Telephoto Lens for Landscape Photography appeared first on Digital Photography School. It was… Read more »Source: Digital Photography School | Published: May 15, 2022 - 12:00
- 8 Tips for Choosing a Great Portrait Photography LocationThe post 8 Tips for Choosing a Great Portrait Photography Location appeared first on Digital Photography School. It was authored by Dan Waters. Every portrait photography session requires a great location. After all, the location determines the backdrop, the foreground, and other key compositional elements. But how do you find the perfect portrait photography location? How do you find foregrounds and backgrounds that both complement and enhance the subject? In this article, I share my top eight tips […] The post 8 Tips for Choosing a Great Portrait Photography Location appeared first on Digital Photography School. It was authored by… Read more »Source: Digital Photography School | Published: May 14, 2022 - 12:00
Ten questions – Ten answers. TAGREE’s interview series with photographers from around the world.
People: Talking to….
In addition to TAGREE’s focus on featuring contemporary photographers we will also introduce you to interesting people who are passionate about the promotion of photography: curators, gallery owners, editors, museum directors, festival organisers and others like Dr. Matthias Harder, the director of the Helmut Newton Foundation in Berlin.
Exhibitions (Art & Photography)
Exhibitions whose artists are presented with a multi-image portfolio are presented in the Photography / Art section.
When artist and photographer Ligin Lee from Taiwan first started making collages, it was purely for relaxation and inspiration. “Continue to do it and find that will bring you into a thinking space, which contains a
ClampArt is pleased to present “Richard Alvarez | A Feeling as Well as a Look”—the artist’s first solo show with the gallery. Raised in the Bronx, Richard Alvarez entered Manhattan nightlife as a teenager in
As the heir to a tradition of images that is strongly interwoven with cultural anthropology, Fábio Baroli’s most recent work represents a poetic gesture of restitution of the everyday and the vigorous musculature of the
Cavier Coleman redefines the meaning of “multi-media artist” with an expansive skillset in a broad spectrum of mediums which include: oil paintings, music, art installations, photography, and graphic design. His photographs and paintings are constructed
Maybe it was easier for LAPIZ to understand the world because he’d seen so much of it. Born in Germany, the artist spent his childhood moving around the globe, accompanying his parents on their many